[Nhcinc] Early Childhood Workshops with NH Project Learning Tree

Wyzga, Marilyn Marilyn.Wyzga at wildlife.nh.gov
Tue Aug 31 13:48:26 EDT 2010

PLT's Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood Workshop

Workshops for Early Childhood Educators, Non-formal Educators, and
Parents

This new, innovative program allows young children to explore, discover,
and communicate in expressive ways by integrating nature-based music and
movement, exploration, literature, art, math, and outdoor play.  Learn
to explore nature with your students by getting techniques to help you
introduce a theme, feature an experience, lead group exercises (music
and movement, reading and writing together, enjoying snacks, and taking
neighborhood walks), set up effective learning centers (art, dramatic
play, discovery tables, math and manipulatives, etc.), make reading
connections, and communicate with students' family and friends.

Participants will receive the following:

*         Hands-on experience with classroom-ready activities and
resources,

*         Project Learning Tree's  Environmental Experiences for Early
Childhood Activity Guide  which includes 11 activities designed
specifically as a resource for educators that work with early childhood
audiences.

*	A CD for incorporating music and movement as identified in each
activity

*         4 hours of professional development credits

*         Useful "make and take's" and more!

We have two upcoming workshops scheduled for you to choose from:

Saturday, September 18th, 9 am - 1 pm at 2nd Nature Academy, 10 Groton
Road, Nashua, NH

OR

Saturday November 6th, 1-5 pm  at the Conservation Center, 54 Portsmouth
Street, Concord, NH

Cost to participants is $40.  Space is limited, so register early.

Register for ONE of these awesome workshops online at  www.nhplt.org

New Hampshire Project Learning Tree empowers the youth of our state to
become well-informed and responsible stewards of our forests and other
natural resources.

NH Project Learning Tree

54 Portsmouth Street

Concord, NH 03301