[NHDOE-ETNews] JOB OPENING: Tech Integrator with K-5 experience
CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Sat Jul 31 15:38:49 EDT 2010
There is an elementary teacher job opening for someone who also has a technology integration background. Do you know someone who might fit the job description included below? The elementary experience is critical, as is skill with technologies. For more info, contact Noreen M. McAloon, Ed.D. (Principal, Hillsboro-Deering Elementary School) at nmcaloon at hdsd.k12.nh.us.
Dr. Cathy Higgins
State Director of Educational Technology
Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education
101 Pleasant St, Concord, NH 03301
OET Website: www.nheon.org/oet
Computer Education Teacher (JobID: 408)
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching/Tech Education Classroom Teacher
Closing Date: until filled
Date Posted: 4/19/2010
Location: Hillsboro-Deering Elementary School
Date Available: 10-11 SY
Certification in Computer Technology Education required
1. Minimum of bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Satisfactory student teaching experience or a history of successful classroom teaching.
3. New Hampshire certification or eligibility to hold NH Certification.
Reports To: Building Principal
The teacher's job goal is to assure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each grade level.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times required.
2. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
3. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
4. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like. Communicates these objectives to the students.
5. Plans lessons that employ a variety of instructional techniques that, when implemented, meet, as much as possible, the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instruction goals and objectives.
7. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
8. Make referrals to district specialists of students who exhibit signs of educational handicapping conditions such as learning disabilities, etc.
9. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
10. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administration regulation.
11. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
12. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day, when required or requested by immediate supervisor.
13. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
14. Maintains state certification through approved professional development activities.
15. Attends staff meetings and serves on committees.
16. Organizes class time so that it is spent on instruction, which engages the students in active learning.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of subject material.
18. Participates in at least one activity per year.
19. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews