[NHDOE-ETNews] New Dates (and list of courses) for OPEN NH Summer Session

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Wed Jun 2 11:33:23 EDT 2010

The Online Professional Education Network for New Hampshire (OPEN NH) announces new dates for the Summer 2010 Session!
Courses will begin on July 7, 2010. This is a change from the previously published summer session dates. If you had planned on the summer courses starting a week earlier, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  In the future, we will begin the summer session after the start of the new fiscal year. We hope this will be more convenient for districts and educators making professional development plans for the upcoming academic year.
Summer 2010 Session:  July 7 through August 24, 2010.
The following courses are being offered in the upcoming Summer Session of OPEN NH. Visit www.opennh.org for registration and more information. At $100 per course, this is the “best deal in town!”
*AR-01 Arts Integration in the Elementary Classroom
*BP-10 Facilitating an OPEN NH Online Professional Development Course
*BP-11 Writing Effective Proposals for Successful Grant Funding
*CE-03 Aligning Curriculum with Grade Level Expectations
*CE-05 Developing Competencies for High School Courses
LA-07 Improving Reading and Writing in the Content Areas
LT-04 Helping Struggling Readers Improve Comprehension
*LT-08 ESOL Literacy Development 3 – Oral Language
MA-04 Using Real Data in the Math Classroom
MA-05 Using Technology in the Elementary Math Classroom
MA-09 A Conceptual Introduction to Functions: Using Visual Models
*SC-09 Understanding the Science of Life: Communities, Ecosystems, and Natural Selection
*SC-10 Understanding Force and Motion
SS-02 Integrating Primary Sources into the Social Studies Classroom
SS-03 Designing a Virtual Field Trip in Social Studies
*SE-04 Parental Involvement Strategies to Enhance Student Achievement

(Courses marked with * are developed by NH educators through the OPEN NH developer training program.)

Regards,
Cathy