[NHDOE-ETNews] Old school libraries are going away...

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Sun Jun 20 16:00:08 EDT 2010

Now that I've got your attention with that subject line, I highly recommend reading this recent guest post about school libraries being transformed into Learning Commons. The post is on Doug Johnson's "Blue Skunk Blog" and its written by Robin Cicchetti from the Concord-Carlisle Regional High School Learning Commons in Concord, MA.

http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/blue-skunk-blog/2010/6/17/close-the-library-guest-post-by-r-cicchetti.html

Perhaps you will find it useful for local discussions about the future of your own school library and the importance of trained librarians.

Regards,
Cathy

Dr. Cathy Higgins
Voice: 603-271-2453