[NHDOE-ETNews] Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference (CMTC) 2010

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Tue May 4 14:20:20 EDT 2010

It is that time of year again!  The Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference Steering Committee seeks your proposals for presentations at the 2010 event.  The online presentation submission process for 2010 is quick, easy, and VERY user-friendly.

Reminder:  CMTC 2010 is moving to the Radisson Hotel and Expo Center in Manchester (across from the Verizon Center) this year!!!  We are very excited about the potential this new space has to offer.

The print Call for Presenters should be arriving in mail boxes any day now and the 2010 conference website is up and running.  Now we would like to reach out to you to help us find new presenters and new sessions for 2010.  This effort by all of us is what keeps this conference fresh and engaging year after year.  The deadline for submissions is May 29th.

For 2010 we have the following exciting keynote presentations scheduled:

Tuesday - Tammy Worcester, Distinguished Educator, Author, & Presenter

Wednesday - Wesley Fryer, Digital Learning Consultant, Author, Digital Storyteller, Educator, & Change Agent

Thursday - Chris Lehmann, Principal of the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia & Speaker

All three of our keynote speakers are experts in their field and we are very excited about bringing them to New England.  Check the CMTC home page for links to their websites.  In addition, Tammy Worcester will be offering a hands-on session during the Monday pre-conference sessions and Wesley Fryer will be offering a Tuesday evening PSDC workshop!

The themes for this years conference follow:

*	Engaging & Exciting Learning ~ Authentic & Innovative Ideas in the Classroom
*	Emerging Technologies ~ Web 2.0, eLearning, & Anywhere Access
*	21st Century Skills & Global Citizenship ~ Moving Forward
*	Student Data & Decisions that Impact Instruction

To support these themes we would like sessions that discuss the following:

*	How are you using technology to "empower" or "engage" your learners?
*	What emerging technologies and Web 2.0 resources (blogs, wikis, podcasting) have you integrated into your curriculum? What are the benefits?  What are the challenges?
*	How do you prepare  students for a global economy by integrating ICT literacy skills into the curriculum?
*	What project-based learning links in math, science, technology address the "need to be green"?
*	What strategies are you using for creating exciting and SAFE learning environments using Internet resources?
*	eReaders, netbooks ~ what are you experimenting with and what are the results?
*	How are you using your assessment data to make a difference in what you teach and how you deliver instruction?
*	And once again, the cornerstone of our conference are the sessions on Effective Integration Strategies across the curriculum at all grade levels.

The following are also HOT topics:

*	Strategies to identify and address cyberbulling
*	Protecting your network and your data, what is working for you
*	Open source applications, what are you using and how are they working
*	Open source technical support and network strategies - benefits and challenges
*	Environments to support elearning and creating virtual learning communities

We would like to request that you consider submitting a session (1-hour, workshop, or Share-A-Thon) or encourage someone you know for our conference this year.  The Call for Presenters mailer and the online submission system are all located on the conference website: www.nhcmtc.org.

This year the Share-A-Thon will highlight technology resources that engage and empower students to enhance learning.  We are seeking approximately 20 presenters to demonstrate online interactive tools such as podcasts, vodcasts, blogs, wikis, social networking, video libraries (for example TeacherTube or Google Video), any of the Google document production tools, or online conferencing (skype) being used in their schools/classrooms to get students excited about and involved in their learning.  This activity could be a single class lesson or an on-going project that extends over multiple months.    Please come share YOUR ideas with us!

We look forward to hearing from many of you with exciting sessions,
Cyndi Dunlap
NHSTE - Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference Chair