[NHDOE-ETNews] Mobile Learning in Ohio

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Fri May 14 11:03:14 EDT 2010

The following information comes from a 4th grade teacher in Ohio who is involved in an exciting program using smartphones. I encourage you to browse the significant number of links to resources on their website. Also, if you will be attending ISTE2010 in Denver this June, you'll be able to see their presentation.

"My name is Scott Newcomb.  I am a fourth grade teacher in St. Marys, Ohio.  We have been involved in a Mobile Learning project for the last two years.  We have been using smartphones in the classroom.  Every student in our school district from 3rd grade to 6th grade has their own mobile learning device!  We will be adding seventh grade next year.  Our goal is to have a mobile learning device in every students' hand from 3rd grade to 12th grade! Next year, we will have over 900 mobile learning devices in our school district!"

Visit:  http://www.smriders.net/Mobile_Learning/
Link to ISTE2010 session listing: http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/2010/program/search_results_details.php?sessionid=48648446

Dr. Cathy Higgins
Voice: 603-271-2453