[NHDOE-ETNews] McAuliffe Tech Conference - Parking and other reminders!!!

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Tue Nov 23 11:56:09 EST 2010

For those attending the Christa McAuliffe Tech Conference 2010 this year - we know there are nearly 2,000 of you already registered - the following reminders were provided by Cyndi Dunlap, the conference chair.

PARKING

We have negotiated FREE parking in the garage connected to the Radisson and Expo Center for all conference attendees.  The main entrance is located on Granite Street diagonally across the street from the Verizon Center, but not quite all the way to the corner - you will see the big blue P on the building on your left as you drive from the river towards the Verizon Center.  You just need to remember to bring your parking ticket into the hotel with you and get it validated any time during your day and not lose it!  This could be my challenge!!! ;-)

Hands-on Workshops with our Keynotes

The hands-on workshops offered by our keynote speakers Tammy Worcester and Wes Fryer still have openings.  Tammy's sessions are offered on Monday morning and afternoon, Wes's session is offered on Tuesday evening.  This is a one-time opportunity to learn from the "best of the best" in a hands-on environment for 3 hours.  These workshops include the following ~ full session descriptions can be found on the conference website:

PSDC02 ~ Google Tools for Teaching & Learning from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (10/29)
PSDC04 ~ Tammy's Favorite Technology Tips, Tricks, & Tools from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. (10/29)
PSDC14 ~ Share Your Ideas: Platforms for Publishing from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. (10/30)

Sign Up for a Twitter Account before CMTC

The best way to learn about Twitter is to use it at an event where you know there will be lots of "tweeting" for you to follow. We plan to use Twitter as a "back channeling" tool for immediate dialog, feedback, and sharing through out the conference. Sign up for a Twitter account (www.twitter.com) and use session numbers as the "hashtags" (for example #T1-01) for each session to give us your feedback during CMTC 2010!!!

Use the hashtag #CMTC10 for general comments throughout each day. We will be watching . . . and have lots of folks around to answer your questions about Twitter! There will be a TV monitor at the NHSTE desk displaying the live CMTC tweets via Tweetdeck throughout the 3 days.

Looking forward to a great conference in our new location in Manchester ~ remember do NOT travel to Nashua because we will not be there!!!

Wishing each of you a joyous Thanksgiving and please remember our service men and women who will not be home for the holidays this year,

Cyndi Dunlap
NHSTE CMTC & PD Chair