[NHDOE-ETNews] Digital Portfolio Course needs registrations

Freeda, Stanley SFreeda at ed.state.nh.us
Wed Jan 26 16:45:17 EST 2011

The OPEN NH online professional development course, Engagaging K-12
Students with Digital Portfolios is scheduled to run in the upcoming
Winter Session (February 2 - March 23).  We currently need a few more
people to register for the course in order to run it.  Please consider
registering for the course, or passing this information along to other
teachers in your school that might be interested in taking it.

CE-02 Engaging K-12 Students with Digital Portfolios
This course is for teachers interested in helping their students develop
a reflective digital portfolio that meets New Hampshire's ICT Literacy
Program standards and that engages and motivates students. Participants
will learn about characteristics of reflective portfolios, be introduced
to tools and process steps for creating digital portfolios, and review
examples of portfolio contents and organization. As a final product,
each course participant will work with a cohort of K-12 students to
create their own samples of student digital portfolios.

Registration is $130 for 35 hours of professional development.  Or take
advantage of the District Cohort special and register 4 teachers for
$440.  That's an $80 savings.  Details are available at www.opennh.org.

Online registration is available for individual educators only.

Contact Stan Freeda if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Stan Freeda

e-Learning for Educators Project Coordinator

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us
<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us>         www.opennh.org
<http://www.opennh.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb