[NHDOE-ETNews] School Libraries Count Survey is Open!

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Thu Jan 27 16:47:52 EST 2011

If you are a school librarian (public or private) or you know one (who doesn't know their school librarian?!) please forward this to them. It's better that they get duplicates than not know about this survey opportunity. Thanks!

COPY OF EMAIL SENT TO NH SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA ASSOCIATION LISTSERV:

I am excited to share with you the following request, as well as express my appreciation to Pamela Tinker, who has agreed to assist me for the next few months with email reminders. Our goal is to keep this survey on the front burner, so that we can get maximum participation from NH school libraries. Do you think we can get to 100%?

The Office of Educational Technology at the NH Department of Education is collaborating with NHSLMA to encourage you to participate in the 2011 “School Libraries Count!” survey.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this survey, it is part of a longitudinal study which collects important information about all K-12 school libraries–public and private–across the country. Your participation is crucial so that this survey accurately reflects NH libraries, thereby providing us with the type of comparative data often so crucial to us especially at budget time.

NEW this year AASL has added helpful tips from circulation vendors to pull the needed data prior to accessing the survey. Here is the survey main page with tips and other information about this initiative: http://www.ala.org/aasl/slcsurvey.

The last day to complete the survey is March 18, 2011. We would also encourage you to forward this email to other school librarians not on the listserv so they can participate. To visit the survey directly, go to: http://www.aaslsurvey.org

Regards,
Cathy Higgins, NHDOE
and
Pamela Tinker, NHSLMA