[NHDOE-ETNews] ENA Upward Mobility Webinar Series

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Mon Mar 7 12:58:32 EST 2011

In case you haven't already seen this information, I am forwarding an
email recently received from the folks at ENA about upcoming free
webinars related to student-owned devices and cloud computing, which are
frequently discussed topics these days.

Regards,

Cathy Higgins, Ed.D.

State Educational Technology Director

Office of Educational Technology

New Hampshire Department of Education

Email: chiggins at ed.state.nh.us

Phone: 603.271.2453

Web: http://www.nheon.org/oet/ and
http://education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech
<http://education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm>

Text of original email from ENA:

In the midst of your busy schedule filled with school boards, E-Rate and
an overabundance of snow days, we wanted to brighten your day with some
exciting news from ENA: We are about to start our 2011 ENA's Innovative
Ideas in an Hour Webinar Series! Each of these webinars will focus on
key issues associated with education technology from all over the
country.  Our first webinar begins next Wednesday and it's not too late
to sign-up.  Here's some information about the upcoming discussions:

Upward Mobility Part 1: What You Should Know About Student-Owned Devices
in Schools
<https://educationnetworks.webex.com/mw0306lc/mywebex/default.do?siteurl
=educationnetworks&service=10>

Wednesday, March 9, 3:00 PM EST

Guest Speakers:

Beverly Miller, Greenville City Schools, Tennessee

Bailey Mitchell, Forsyth County Schools, Georgia

Robert Hopper & Dr. Alice Neal, Tri-Creek School Corporation, Indiana

Some of the highlights in this webinar include:

*	Discovering why student-owned devices are becoming such a
popular trend in today's classrooms
*	Finding out the benefits of incorporating these devices in your
district and how it can increase student scores and participation
*	Learn from peers about the benefits and cost effectiveness of
allowing student-owned devices in your school

We would love to have you participate, so please feel free to send us
any questions you may have for our panelists in advance so we can better
assure the quality of your experience.  Please send your questions to
Amanda VanNoort at avannoort at ena.com.

Don't miss the future webinars in this series:

Upward Mobility, Part 2: How to Integrate Student-Owned Devices Into
Schools
<https://educationnetworks.webex.com/mw0306lc/mywebex/default.do?siteurl
=educationnetworks&service=6>

 April 6, 3:00 p.m. EST

Out of the Blue: Unexpected Cost Savings and Improved Productivity With
Cloud Computing
<https://educationnetworks.webex.com/mw0306lc/mywebex/default.do?siteurl
=educationnetworks&service=6>

May 18, 3:00 p.m. EST

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback on this series as we
continue to strive to provide our customers with current and relevant
information pertaining to education and technology.

Sincerely,

Oliver

Oliver Landow

National Customer Services Director

Education Networks of America

3418 Deanwood Ave

Ellicott City, MD 21043

Direct: 443-364-9100

Cell: 443-326-7240

E-mail: olandow at ena.com

Network Operations Center: 1.888.612.2880

http://www.ena.com <http://www.ena.com/>