[NHDOE-ETNews] CMTC 2011 - Call for Presenters OnlineSubmission is Now Open

Higgins, Cathy CHiggins at ed.state.nh.us
Thu May 5 08:10:53 EDT 2011

It is that time of year again!  The Christa McAuliffe Technology
Conference Steering Committee seeks your proposals for presentations at
the 2011 event.  The online presentation submission process for 2011 is
quick, easy, and VERY user-friendly. The print Call for Presenters
should be arriving in mail boxes any day now and the 2011 conference
website is up and running.  Now we would like to reach out to you to
help us find new presenters and new sessions for 2011.  This effort by
all of us is what keeps this conference fresh and engaging year after
year.  The deadline for submissions is May 28th.

WHERE: CMTC 2011 is once again at the Radisson Hotel and Expo Center in
Manchester (across from the Verizon Center) this year!!!

KEYNOTES: All three of our keynote speakers are experts in their field
and we are very excited about bringing them to New Hampshire.  Check the
CMTC home page for links to their websites:

*        Tuesday - David Rose, Chief Scientist of Cognition and
Learning,
CAST Founder & Chief Education Officer

*        Wednesday - Jennifer Corriero, Pioneering Expert in Youth and
Technology,
Co-Founder of TakingIT Global

*        Thursday - Peter Reynolds, Author, Illustrator, & Founder of
FableVision

CONFERENCE THEMES:

*        Engaging & Interactive Learning ~ Authentic & Innovative Ideas
in the Classroom

*        Emerging Technologies ~ Web 2.0, eLearning, & Mobile Computing

*        21st Century Skills & Global Citizenship ~ Reaching Out

*        Student Data & Decisions that Increase Achievement

SEEKING PRESENTERS FOR NEW FEATURES IN 2011:

5-hour (full day) institutes on Monday - here are some topics for which
we seek presenters:

*        Integrating iPads (or any tablet device) Across the Curriculum
(or in a specific content area)

*        Getting to Know Google Apps

*        eReaders, netbooks ~ what are you experimenting with and what
are the results?

*        Social Networking in Education - dos and don'ts

*        Web 2.0 Tools & Resources

*        send us your ideas . . .

For concurrent sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, the
following are also HOT topics:

*        Strategies to identify and address cyberbulling

*        Protecting your network and your data, what is working for you

*        Open source applications, what are you using and how are they
working

*        Open source technical support and network strategies - benefits
and challenges

*        Environments to support elearning and creating virtual learning
communities

We would like to request that you consider submitting a session (1-hour,
PSDC workshop, Share-A-Thon, or 5-hour institute) or encourage someone
you know for our conference this year.  The Call for Presenters mailer
and the online submission system are all located on the conference
website: www.nhcmtc.org.

Don't delay! We need more great presentations!

Regards,

Cathy Higgins, Ed.D.

State Educational Technology Director

Office of Educational Technology