[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: SBAC Testing Minimum Requirements Release Date

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Dec 3 13:45:28 EST 2012

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM: SBAC Testing Minimum Requirements Release Date

Technology Strategy Framework & System Requirements Specifications
document release-On Tuesday, December 4, Smarter Balanced will release
the technology strategy framework and system requirements specifications
for the implementation of the assessment system in the 2014-15 school
year. The framework provides minimum hardware specifications and basic
bandwidth calculations that will allow schools and districts to evaluate
which of their existing computers will support the administration of the
assessment system in the 2014-15 school year. In the coming weeks, the
Technology Readiness Tool will be updated with these specifications to
allow districts to conduct a gap analysis. K-12 state leads are
encouraged to communicate with district leadership, technology staff,
and assessment coordinators about the framework and their state's plan
for technology readiness.

I'll send these out and post them to our NH group on Assess4Ed, and on
the Tech Readiness page on NHEON, as soon as I get them!  - Stan

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri