[NHDOE-ETNews] Read Across New Hampshire

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Jan 3 09:09:49 EST 2012

Last call for volunteer readers for ConnectNH's (formerly Granite State
Distance Learning Network - GSDLN) annual Read Across New Hampshire
event.  We connect readers from across the region who to students via
videoconference.  This year's celebration of reading will take place
during the week of March 5-9, 2012.  If you would like to be a part of
the program of scheduled readers this coming March, please click on this
link https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=9464 and
fill out the requested contact and reading information.  Each volunteer
reader will need to decide on what book (poem(s), book passage, etc.)
that they would like to read, to what grade level audience, as well as a
date/time that will fit the schedule.  We have found in the past that
the best time for school connections is in the 9:00-11:00 am or
1:00-2:00 windows.  Presentations (including any Q&A time) in the 25-45
minute range usually work well.

Please register as a volunteer reader by January 23rd.  After that date,
I will publish the program listing of readers and will send that out to
schools so that they can sign up for reading sessions that they wish to
participate in.  In the last week of February I will send you a list of
who is scheduled to connect to your reading session.

If you have questions, please contact Richard Baker who is coordinating
the event this year (rbaker at lin-wood.org).

Thank You,

Richard A. Baker

ConnectNH Volunteer

Lin-Wood Public School

Lincoln, NH

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb