[NHDOE-ETNews] Looking for Parents Supportive of Technology in Education

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Jan 17 09:36:10 EST 2012

I wanted to alert you to a potential press opportunity involving
parents. Matt Richtel, a reporter from the New York Times, recently
posted the following on his Facebook page, "Wearing my NY Times hat, I
am looking for people to interview who have teens in junior and high
school. I'm writing a story about growing up in a high-tech world. Ping
me on Facebook or mattr at nytimes.com"

While this request doesn't specifically talk about the use of technology
in an education context, Matt Richtel has written a number of critical
articles related to educational technology and online learning. If you
have parents that you feel would be good advocates on the topic of
technology use in the life of teenagers then this would be a great
opportunity to make sure Matt Richtel hears that viewpoint as well.

Thanks for supporting Technology in Education

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb