[NHDOE-ETNews] First Ever Digital LEarning Day in NEw Hampshire

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Jan 31 11:49:21 EST 2012

First Ever Digital Learning Day

Governor Lynch has issued a proclamation, proclaiming February 1, 2012
as Digital Learning Day in New Hampshire. Digital Learning Day is a
campaign to: Celebrate great teaching; Encourage more personalized and
relevant learning; and Work to ensure that every child has access to the
best learning experiences. New Hampshire has joined students and
thousands of educators from over 35 states in participating in the
Alliance for Excellent Education's (Alliance's) first-ever Digital
Learning Day on Wednesday, February 1, 2012.

This national awareness campaign is designed to celebrate innovative
teachers and highlight instructional practices that strengthen and
personalize learning for all students. The Digital Learning Day campaign
explores how digital learning can provide teachers and students with the
opportunities they deserve in an effort to build or become part of a
workforce that is ready to succeed in college, a career, and life.

Celebrations and activities of all varieties are happening across the
country at the state, district, and classroom levels. In addition to the
national campaign, states and the District of Columbia are hosting their
own statewide activities to support digital learning efforts within
their states. On Digital Learning Day, a virtual national town hall
meeting will be held in Washington, DC along with a live webcast
starting at 9:00 a.m. (ET). By developing these tools and hosting the
first-ever national Digital Learning Day on February 1, 2012, the
Alliance for Excellent Education strives to build momentum for a wave of
innovation that changes policies, shifts attitudes, and supports
widescale adoption of these promising instructional practices across the
nation.

To learn more about how to be a part of this groundbreaking event, stay
connected, get updates, and receive exclusive information sign up at
www.digitallearningday.org <http://www.digitallearningday.org/> .

You can also "like" Digital Learning Day on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay and follow the discussion on
Twitter using the hashtag #DLDay.

Please send me any news of activities or events planned at your schools.
We would like to promote and publicize your events.

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb