[NHDOE-ETNews] ETNews: Today's kids view cheating as part of the path to success

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Jul 23 12:30:13 EDT 2012

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM:  Today's kids view cheating as part of the path to success

By Victor Dorff

Silicon Valley's MercuryNews.com

Cheating was, is and probably always will be a fact of life. Recently,
technology has provided new ways to cheat, but advanced electronics
can't be blamed for our increasing willingness to tolerate it.

Once upon a time, being an honorable person included the notion that
your word was your bond, and integrity was a crucial element in
establishing a good reputation. My teaching experience tells me,
however, that lying and cheating are seen by a lot of kids today as a
crucial part of any path to success. The only shame is in getting
caught.

Read the entire article at:
http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_21115586

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri