[NHDOE-ETNews] New: CompetencyWorks from iNACOL

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Mar 14 15:07:25 EDT 2012

Exciting news from iNACOL:

April 2 Webinar to Launch CompetencyWorks: Calling All Competency-based
Education Innovators!

On Monday, April 2nd at 3 PM eastern, iNACOL will host a webinar
launching a new initiative to advance competency-based education.
CompetencyWorks is designed to connect innovating educators at all
levels of the system.

This webinar is provided free from iNACOL.

Registration may be found at
http://www.inacol.org/events/webinar/special_edition.php.

Join this webinar to hear about how you can be involved in
CompetencyWorks, a new initiative to advance competency-based education
so that all of our students can be successful.

Across our country, schools, districts and even states are investing in
innovations that re-design our education system around competency-based
education. Moving beyond the current time-based, one-size-fits-all
education system which reproduces inequities and low achievement, these
innovators are designing new systems based around mastery and
student-centered learning -- in which student success is the only
option. This is no easy task and we need to make sure we are learning
from each other as much as possible.

CompetencyWorks is designed to support innovators share their knowledge,
find other people across the country struggling with similar issues, and
draw on the best practices to inform policy. A website to find out about
new resources, a blog to share new practices, tools and policies, a
place to participate in building knowledge -- CompetencyWorks is a
website designed to accelerate our ability to implement high quality
policies and practices. CompetencyWorks will also be a great resource
for new innovators and early adopters so that they can rapidly learn
about past mistakes, lessons learned, and different approaches to inform
their work.

The webinar will walk you through the initiative and let you know how
you can be involved in sharing your knowledge and creativity and
supporting your peers as they fine-tune their policies and practices.

CompetencyWorks is a project of the International Association for K-12
Online Learning (iNACOL) in partnership with American Youth Policy
Forum, Jobs for the Future, National Governors Association and MetisNet.
Support for CompetencyWorks comes from the Nellie Mae Education
Foundation.

Speakers:
Susan Patrick, International Association for K-12 Online Learning
Chris Sturgis, MetisNet

To register for the webinar, please visit
http://www.inacol.org/events/webinar/special_edition.php.

The New Hampshire Department of Education is a proud member of the
International Association for K-12 Online Learning.

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb