[NHDOE-ETNews] SBAC Readiness Tool Update!

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Mar 19 17:31:37 EDT 2012

Many of you may have noticed that there was an issue with the visual
quality of some of the videos in the Training Module that was posted to
the TechReadiness website on March 12.  There is now a new version of
the training at the Training Module link on the Home Page of the
TechReadiness website. You also may access it at
www.TechReadiness.org/TrainingModule
<http://www.TechReadiness.org/TrainingModule> .

When users access the link, they will be directed to a page with two
options for module viewing.

*         The first option is an online training module with navigation.
This version of the training is similar to the training provided on
March 12, but with clearer graphics.

*         The second option is a set of three mp4 files. These videos
are much higher resolution, although the download may take some time
depending on the internet connection. These videos do not include
navigation; however, they have been divided into sections to allow users
to select the videos that are most relevant to them.

o    Part 1: Introduction to the Technology Readiness Tool

o    Part 2: Tool Demonstration for All Users

o    Part 3: Tool Demonstration for State and District Admin Users

Pearson takes full responsibility and apologizes for the visual quality
issues with the initial Training Module posted to the TechReadiness
website on March 12 and will work to ensure all future documents are of
optimum quality. We are working closely with the Smarter Balanced and
PARCC consortia to implement a review process to prevent this situation
from occurring in the future.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb