[NHDOE-ETNews] Webinar on Research Study in Online Professional Development

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Mar 20 11:19:03 EDT 2012

Hear about the e-Learning for Educators (eFE) study and its professional
development model that can improve both teacher performance and student
achievement in a cost-effective manner.  The OPEN NH / NH e-Learning for
Educators program at the Department of Education was involved in this
study.

e-Learning for Educators: Effects of Online Professional Development on
Teachers and their Students
<http://www.schoolsmovingup.net/cs/smu/view/e/5190?allSMU0320>
Thursday, April 19
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Time)

To sign up for this webinar and review the report, please visit
http://www.schoolsmovingup.net/webinars/onlinepd
<http://www.schoolsmovingup.net/cs/smu/view/e/5190?allSMU0320>

This webinar on online professional development (OPD) provides an
overview to the topic. Lynne Meeks, e-Learning for Educators Project
Director at Alabama Public Television, will discuss the e-Learning model
and the research findings of the large-scale studies conducted by the
e-Learning for Educators (eFE) project. These were among the first
public studies that demonstrated that high-quality online teacher
professional development can positively affect teacher content knowledge
and teaching practices that translate into improvements on targeted
student outcomes. The webinar will cover these topics:

*          A successful, nimble OPD model that can produce both teacher
and student improvements

*          The research evidence supporting the effectiveness of the
model

*          Standards for high-quality OPD

This webinar is aimed at school, district, and state administrators, as
well as professional development providers, such as regional inservice
centers or university teacher centers.

Educational Technology and Online Learning

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov

www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>

www.nheon.org <http://www.nheon.org/>

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and
I'll understand." ~ Chinese proverb