[NHDOE-ETNews] ETNews: Open Position at Merrimack for Director of Technology and Library Media Services
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Oct 1 13:07:29 EDT 2012
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Open Position at Merrimack
Title: Director of Technology and Library Media Services
1. Masters in Library and Information Science, Education Technology,
or related field with relevant experience
2. NH certification or eligibility for Education Technology
Integrator, Library Media Specialist, or Media Supervisor
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in education technology or school
library media with demonstrated technology integration
Reports To: Superintendent in close
Supervises: District Network Administrator and
Administrative Assistants for Technology and Library Media Services
Library Services Coordinator
Technology Integration Coordinator
In coordination with school administrators:
Education Technology Integrators (ETIs)
* Administer and coordinate Technology and Library Media Program
based on the District Technology Plan consistent with established
District goals and objectives and professional standards.
* Guide initiatives focused on technology integration, selection
of products and solutions, and technology infrastructure that is in
service of and enhances teaching and learning.
* Establish and manage an ongoing information and technology
training program for district staff focused on technology and
information skill integration to enhance classroom instruction.
* Collaborate with other District administrators to identify and
address system-wide priorities pertaining to the Technology and Library
Media Program and District technology infrastructure that impacts
* Ensure provision and availability of classroom technologies
which enhance teaching and learning, differentiate instruction to reach
all learners, and increase student engagement.
* Ensure provision and availability of a full spectrum of
educational information resources for all students and staff appropriate
to relevant subject areas, interests, learning styles, abilities and
levels of development.
* Promote the importance of the Technology and Library Media
Program in the fulfillment of District goals.
* Compile and present the District Technology and Library Media
program annual operating budget and administer the implementation of the
* Manage the purchase, processing and placement of classroom
technology software and equipment in an equitable manner.
* Manage the purchase, processing and placement of library
collection materials and related equipment in an equitable manner.
* Work with district business administrator and technology staff
in the selection, purchase and deployment of district technology
infrastructure and services.
* In collaboration with business and network administrators,
oversee day to day operation of technology support services, ensure
issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner, and that there is
open communication about technology issues at all levels.
* Select, hire and supervise third party contractors and vendors
* Supervise work of technology and library services
coordinators in the development and integration of technology and
information benchmarks and curricula. Ensure alignment with district and
state standards as well as those provided by International Society for
Technology in Education (ISTE) National Education Technology Standards
(NETS), American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Standards for
21st Century Learners.
* Coordinate with Assistant Superintendent to promote and
support integration of technology and information skills into subject
curricula, standards, and competency development along a K-12 continuum.
* Work with ETIs and librarians and other district staff to
develop and implement training for staff in technology integration to
enhance classroom instruction.
* Work with District administrators to develop and administer
policies regarding responsible use of information and technology,
intellectual freedom and confidentiality, copyright and fair use,
digital citizenship, selection of materials, and other related areas.
Participate as needed in cases of formal challenges of library
* Manage District participation in and compliance with federal
* Chair the District Technology Steering Committee for planning
long range goals for technology and information education and ensuring
technology infrastructure is up to date and in support of district
goals. Ensure Technology Plan is updated and submitted to State in
compliance with established timeframes.
* Chair meetings of ETIs and librarians to ensure consistency
and continuity in programming.
* Serve on the District Program Evaluation and Review Committee
(PERC) to ensure technology and library staff and services are in
support of new academic programs.
* Participate in professional organizations related to
instructional media, information resources and technology integration to
* Maintain familiarity with current research and developments
related to education, information literacy, information resources and
technology and keep appropriate District personnel informed.
* Consult with administration and outside vendors on the
planning, design and development of new or expanded technology and/or
* Maintain open communication with the staff of the Merrimack
Public Library ensuring mutual resource sharing and coordinated
* In collaboration with District administrators recruit, hire
and evaluate district and building level technology and library media
* Assist the Superintendent in developing and administering
policies and procedures for Merrimack's Educational Television Channel
Terms of Employment:
Twelve Month Contract
Performance of these responsibilities will be evaluated annually in
accordance with the approved administrative procedure.
ETNews is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us>
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized
disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part)
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any
attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews