[NHDOE-ETNews] Scholarships for Homeless Youths Available

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Oct 10 09:22:22 EDT 2012

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM:  Scholarships for Homeless Youths Available

The New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) has
been working on making available a scholarship for McKinney-Vento
eligible students looking to attain a college education. Well, the time
has come! NHHEAF has designated 10 scholarships of $2500 each (as part
of the I am College Bound Initiative) specifically for McKinney-Vento
eligible youth that plan on attending a 2 year or 4 year college this
coming September. Recipients will also receive individual college
admission and financial aid counseling. The application period for this
scholarship has opened now and will close on November 30th at 5 PM. This
is a very exciting opportunity for our McKinney-Vento eligible students.
Let's face it, college is not affordable for anyone, but especially for
highly mobile and low income students such as our McKinney-Vento
eligible students. Please pass this information along to guidance
counselors and anybody else in schools or the education field that may
benefit from this knowledge.  Please check the NHHEAF (www.nhheaf.org)
website to learn more about the foundation and other help it offers for
students of any sort in attaining a higher education. The two links
provided below can provide valuable information.

www.iamcollegebound.org

www.nhheaf.org/index.asp

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Tori Berube at
tberube at nhheaf.org !

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri