[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Return funding to Educational Technology

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Feb 25 11:57:38 EST 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM:  Transforming Education through Technology Act

On February 5th, House Education & the Workforce Committee Ranking
Member George Miller (D-CA) introduced the Transforming Education
through Technology Act. Endorsed strongly by CoSN and ISTE, this bill
would establish a $500 million block grant program to support school
technology infrastructure and professional learning and a $250 million
competitive grant program to promote innovative technology programs in
schools nationwide. With no dedicated federal funding for education
technology or related professional learning since 2010, this legislation
will help jumpstart policy discussions to ensure that our students and
educators are equipped with digital age skills.

Send a letter today to ask your Representative to co-sponsor H.R. 521,
the Transforming Education through Technology Act. We encourage you to
personalize the letter and share your firsthand knowledge about the
importance of school technology infrastructure, professional learning,
and innovative digital learning programs. At this important crossroads
for digital learning policy, your voice can make a big difference!

For more information about H.R. 521
<http://capwiz.com/edtech/utr/1/BLURSTBDNI/AUHVSTBFJQ/9293332226> .
TAKE ACTION!
<http://capwiz.com/edtech/utr/1/BLURSTBDNI/GAZKSTBFJR/9293332226>

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri