[NHDOE-ETNews] ET NEWS: Seventh Annual Securing the Campus Conference at Dartmouth

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Jun 10 11:32:29 EDT 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Seventh Annual Securing the Campus Conference at Dartmouth

The seventh annual Securing the eCampus conference will be held this July 16th and 17th at Dartmouth College<http://www.dartmouth.edu/> in Hanover, NH. We invite you to join us in discussing the unique challenges of cyber security in higher ed and what it takes to build a culture of security at your institution.

Our format this year will include a full day of presentations and panel discussions from leaders in the information security field on the 16th.   We have already confirmed the following speakers:

  *   Dan Geer - Chief Information Security Officer of In-Q-Tel will deliver the keynote
  *   Michael Corn and Jane Rosenthal - Respectively, the Chief Privacy and Security Officer of UIUC and the Director of the Privacy Office at the University of Kansas will discuss privacy in higher ed
  *   Noel Greis - Director, Center for Logistics and Digital Strategy, Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise at UNC Chapel Hill, will speak about security awareness for millennials
  *   Rodney Petersen - Managing Director of the Washington Office and Senior Government Relations Officer at EDUCAUSE providing an update on government policies and their potential effects on the higher ed community
  *   Ron Ross - Fellow at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to speak on standards development and risk management
  *   George Tubin - Senior Security Strategist at Trusteer will speak about emerging malware trends
On the morning of the 17th, we will offer break-out sessions that will provide opportunities for more detailed discussions on topics. The conference will conclude after lunch on the 17th.

Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our website<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/>.

The registration fee for the conference is $149 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 16th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on July 17th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the Six South Street Hotel in Downtown Hanover.  The cutoff date for the room block is June 15th.  See the website's page on lodging<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/lodging.html> for more information.

This conference is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society (ISTS)<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/> and Computing Services<http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/> at Dartmouth College.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please contact either:

Tom Candon
Associate Director
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Thomas.K.Candon at Dartmouth.EDU<mailto:Thomas.K.Candon at Dartmouth.EDU>

or

Adam Goldstein
IT Security Engineer
Computing Services
Adam.Goldstein at Dartmouth.EDU<mailto:Adam.Goldstein at Dartmouth.EDU>

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Karen Page
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Program Administrator
Karen.M.Page at Dartmouth.EDU<mailto:Karen.M.Page at Dartmouth.EDU>