[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Inspiring Video on Teaching Coding to Kids

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Mar 4 09:12:59 EST 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM:  Inspiring Video on Teaching Coding to Kids

A message to help teachers inspire students by Bill Gates, Mark
Zuckerberg, celebrities, and tech founders.

To help inspire kids to learn computer science, some of our greatest
tech heroes have come together to record a short video message about how
learning to code has influenced their lives and opened up doors.  The
message has received rave reviews in tests with students.

For your convenience, we've created 1-minute, 5-minute, and 9-minute
versions. Please check them out. Please don't just show this in your own
CS classes.
Give it to other teachers, and try to get the 1-min video played for ALL
students.
If your school has video announcements, the 1-minute version would be
perfect.

Check out these new videos at:

http://code.org/teach

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri