[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Homeless Youth Story on Channel 9

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Mar 28 15:05:12 EDT 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv

ITEM:  Homeless Youth Story on Channel 9

WMUR - Channel 9 aired a segment on homelessness in New Hampshire last
evening (March 27th) as part of the 11:00PM news.

Homeless/Migrant Education Liaisons from Hampton and Winnacunnet were
interviewed as part of the segment, as was a 13 yr old girl currently
staying in a family shelter in Concord.

This short segment shows the challenges and struggles that more than 3,
300 NH students face every day.......

The transcript of the segment and link for the video are available on
the WMUR channel webpage at:

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/special-reports/Thousands-of-NH-childre
n-growing-up-homeless/-/13386842/19495268/-/f7ibd3/-/index.html

For more information, contact:

Lynda Thistle Elliott, Ed.D.

Director Homeless Education,

Coordinator for Title I & Migrant Education

NH Department of Education

101 Pleasant St.

Concord NH 03301

603.271.3840

NH Department of Education    101 Pleasant Street    Concord, NH
03301

603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
www.opennh.org <http://www.opennh.org/>         www.nheon.org
<http://www.nheon.org/>

"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the
answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri