[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Technology Readiness Tool Submission Update

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed May 1 11:42:50 EDT 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Technology Readiness Tool Submission Update

AS of May 1, we have 241 schools reporting their data is submitted and completed in the Technology Readiness Tool.  That represents 50% of schools/SAUs.  The graph below reports the percentage complete for all SAUs as of April 15.

[cid:image002.png at 01CE4660.DCE17190]  [cid:image008.png at 01CE4660.DCE17190]

However, the graph below gives important data on those 241 schools who have submitted their data as complete.  Only 8 schools have answered all the survey questions, and the overwhelming number of questions left blank was 15!

[cid:image009.png at 01CE4660.DCE17190]

It is important that we complete all the questions on both surveys before we submit as complete.

Please take the time collect the required information and go back into the Technology Readiness Tool and enter it.  Some answers require a discussion among your faculty.  Questions regarding the number of test sessions each day, the number of days for testing, the readiness of the staff to administer a test, etc. are opportunities for you to determine the answers that are least obstructive to your students and your school culture and community.  If you leave these questions blank, the readiness tool cannot give your school an accurate readiness index.

Our next data extraction for state reporting is due on June 14th.  We have a month and a half to get squared away with our data.  As the end of the school year approaches, it is better to do it sooner than later.

There are a lot of tool user emails that get returned as unavailable of unknown.  If your school superintendent or principal has changed in the past year, please check to see if your tool has the correct users installed in it.

Please contact Technology Readiness Coordinator, Stan Freeda (603.271.5132, Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov>) if you have any questions, difficulties understanding the survey questions, or updates/changes to your tool users. We would like to give every school the opportunity to determine its technology readiness, but need your help to fulfill that task.