[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Raise Your Voice to the FCC on the E-Rate Program

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Sep 10 14:15:35 EDT 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Raise Your Voice to the FCC on the E-Rate Program

Having trouble viewing this email? View in web browser<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2690/1/?6299e5a7=aHR0cDovL2xpc3RzZXJ2ZXIuaXN0ZS5vcmcvcmVhZC9hcmNoaXZlP2lkPTM2NzkmbWlkPTIwNzkwNyZlPWtobSU0MGVkdGVjaCUyZGFzc29jaWF0ZXMlMmVjb20meD1jZjU1MTU2Ng%3d%3d&x=fd6e7389>.

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/general-images/345-13-generic-new-branding-email-header.jpg]<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2911/2/>

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/membership/spacer.gif]

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/membership/spacer.gif]

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/general-images/e-rate_video.jpg?sfvrsn=2]<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2918/3/>

ISTE CEO Brian Lewis' call to action to increase funding for the E-Rate program

We have an unprecedented opportunity to connect America's students to high-speed broadband by increasing our nation's investment in the highly successful E-Rate program. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is asking the American public for comment on ways to improve the E-Rate program. We have until Sept. 16 to make our voices heard.

We need all ISTE members to inform the FCC about how digital learning prepares students for success in college and career and to request increased funding for the E-Rate program to $5 billion to meet applicant demand.

Take Action!

ISTE has made it easy for you to make your voice heard on this important issue. First, use the sample comments<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2913/4/> we have provided to guide you as you write your submission. Next, submit your comments about E-Rate<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2914/5/> by filling out our simple form by Sept. 16. ISTE will file your comments with the FCC for you.

You can track and share developments around the E-Rate program by visiting the advocacy section of the ISTEConnects blog<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2915/6/> or on Twitter (using #ERate<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2752/7/>), Facebook and LinkedIn.

The E-Rate program has been a phenomenal success in bringing internet access to almost every classroom in America. However, in the last funding cycle, the amount of money requested from schools and libraries totaled more than $5 billion—woefully short of the available funds.

It is critically important that you take action to urge the FCC to increase funding<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2916/8/> for this important program! Raise your voice to the FCC, and ask your colleagues to do the same. Together, we can bring high-speed broadband to our nation's students.

Together, our voices carry!

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/membership/spacer.gif]

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/membership/spacer.gif]

[http://www.iste.org/sf-images/general-images/345-13-generic-new-branding-email-footer.jpg]<http://listserver.iste.org/t/45906/207907/2917/9/>

“The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer.” ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri