[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Participate in a Free, Online Course to Plan for Digital Learning

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Sep 11 11:04:45 EDT 2013

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Participate in a Free, Online Course to Plan for Digital Learning

[http://www.all4ed.org/files/project_24_banner.jpg]

The Alliance for Excellent Education (the Alliance) wants you to know about an upcoming free, online course designed to help district and school leaders plan for the effective use of technology. This isn’t another course about how to “use” technology; this course helps education leaders develop plans and policies to implement digital learning in support of sound instructional practices and specific goals for student achievement.

We are pleased to announce the Digital Learning Transition (DLT) Massive Open Online Course for Educators (MOOC-Ed)<http://www.all4ed.org/press_room/press_releases/09042013> that was created by the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation at NC State University’s College of Education and the Alliance’s Project 24 initiative. Offered for the first time in spring 2013, the DLT MOOC-Ed proved to be very helpful to more than 2,600 district and school leaders, or leadership teams. Since the demand was high and the level of engagement was so promising, we wrote a paper about our findings called, The Digital Learning Transition MOOC for Educators: Exploring a Scalable Approach to Professional Development<http://digitallearningday.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9ce47950aea28fe1575772f4a&id=f2156b5d3d&e=2c49d867df>, which was released today.

The paper explains how the MOOC-Ed is an iterative process that continuously reflects, changes, and improves based on user feedback and the results of the course.

Registration is open and FREE! Sign-up <https://courses.mooc-ed.org/dlt2/> here<http://digitallearningday.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9ce47950aea28fe1575772f4a&id=1e7501c26d&e=2c49d867df> to participate in the free, online course. As a busy district or school leader, you will find the facilitation to be structured enough to help guide you through the content, but respectful of your demanding schedule. The course officially begins September 30, but sign up NOW to receive important pre-course updates.

Digital Learning Transition: Massive Open Online Course for Educators Description

This free course is being offered again due to the high demand from educators across the country. The course seeks to help participants understand the potential of digital learning in K–12 schools; assess progress and set future goals for their schools or districts; and develop a plan to achieve those goals. School and district leaders, as well as any others involved in planning and implementing K–12 digital learning initiatives, are encouraged to register for the course.

Throughout this eight-week course, you will benefit from informative resources, insights from digital learning experts who have successfully implemented digital learning efforts, and crowdsourcing of ideas from a large and diverse group of peers. Because we want you to meet your own goals, the course is designed to allow for a great deal of personalization and flexibility.

We recommend, when possible, participating in teams from schools, districts, or other organizations When local colleagues work together, it allows them to relate the lessons from the DLT MOOC-Ed to their own context and makes the course that more valuable. If a team is not available, individuals are encouraged to participate on their own.

To register or to learn more about the course, please visit the<https://courses.mooc-ed.org/dlt2/preview> MOOC-Ed sign-up <https://courses.mooc-ed.org/dlt2> or contact me, Sara Hall, at this email address.

“The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer.” ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri