[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Tell the FCC How Important Broadband is to Our Schools

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Apr 17 14:33:02 EDT 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Tell the FCC How Important Broadband is to Our Schools
Take One Minute...
Tell the FCC how important adequate broadband connectivity is to the future success of America's schools.

Digital learning's potential to improve learning will not be realized without robust and reliable internet connection in schools and classrooms. We have an opportunity to tell policymakers at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) how important broadband access is to realizing this potential for all students. Please sign our petition TODAY<http://all4ed.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9ce47950aea28fe1575772f4a&id=7833a22946&e=d42aa29d63> and ask your friends and colleagues to do the same!  The more people who show their support, the stronger our message will be.

All submissions received by noon on Friday, April 18th will be included. It only takes a minute to add your support.

It will make a very big difference!

Thanks,
Sara Hall
Alliance for Excellent Education

In 2014, there will not be enough funding for E-rate to support internet connections into classrooms - no wifi, routers, or even hard connections through Ethernet cables. Tell the FCC that these Internet connections are important, and why.