[NHDOE-ETNews] FW: Have a voice; participate in National Speak Up Day today December 10, 2014!

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Dec 11 11:31:57 EST 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Title of the Item

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D01536.12512730]<http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014>Help today's students become tomorrow's leaders! Participate in Project Tomorrow's Speak Up survey and share your opinions about education, technology, 21st century skills, STEM, and more. The community member survey is open to the general public at www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014<http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014>

Join the conversation about the use of technology for learning through Speak Up, a National Research Project. Since 2003, over 3.7 million K-12 education stakeholders have participated in the annual online surveys. Data findings are shared each year with federal, state and local policymakers to inform education programs, policies and funding.

By giving 15 minutes of your time to Speak Up America 2014 (www.tomorrow.org/speakup<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup>), you can make sure your voice is heard loud and clear from classrooms to the halls of Congress, from state capitols to boardrooms.  Ensure that policymakers are making those important program and funding decisions based upon real data from real education stakeholders - you!

We would like everyone to have a voice in the future of how technology is used in our nation's schools.  So, please share this link<http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014/> with your friends, students, teachers, parents, administrators, community organizations, members, affiliates or anyone who has a passion for improving education and ask them to take the Speak Up survey TODAY.

More than 375,000 K-12 students, parents, educators and members of the community have already completed Speak Up surveys, this year, from all across the country.  But now it is your time - Speak Up, America!  Have a voice in the future of digital learning in our nation's schools by participating in this year's special Speak Up America campaign.

We have a list of fun events and opportunities throughout the rest of the week! Click on the links below to learn more:

Twitter chat<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakupamerica.html#twitter> - Join Julie Evans for this special Speak Up America chat, today at 1:30pm PT/4:30pm ET.
Photo and Video Challenge<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakupamerica.html#challenge> - Win up to $500 in classroom or school grants.
Free National and Regional Conference Registrations<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakupamerica.html#national>