[NHDOE-ETNews] ETNews: New Guide to Implementing Digital Learning Onlien Resource Launched

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Dec 18 12:28:04 EST 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  New  Guide to Implementing Digital Learning Onlien Resource Launched

SETDA Launches The Guide to Implementing Digital Learning

A free online resource to assist states and school districts to plan for and implement smart digital learning initiatives.
Registration open<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=7f3c5caa86&e=5e425640e4> now for a January 15, 2015 overview webinar
December 17, 2014 (Washington, D.C.) - SETDA, the principal membership association of U.S. state and territorial educational technology leaders, today announced the launch of The Guide to Implementing Digital Learning<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=242f22f46d&e=5e425640e4> (GIDL), a free web-based resource to support school and district leaders as they work to ensure that investments in digital learning spark positive results. "Digital learning is more important today than ever before. Our students are digital natives and when students utilize technology in the classroom, they are true 21st century learners," stated Tom Luna, Idaho's Superintendent of Public Instruction.

The Guide to Implementing Digital Learning is free to access at: http://digitallearning.setda.org<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=0b90bb1afa&e=5e425640e4>.

SETDA also will host a free webinar for educators and other interested parties on January 15, 2015 at 2pm ET, which will feature the insights of state educational technology leaders on effective digital learning implementation and on how to best use The Guide to Implementing Digital Learning. Reserve your seat today by visiting http://tinyurl.com/setda-digitallearning<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=dba0ad6c8b&e=5e425640e4>.

GIDL was developed through the input of state educational technology leaders who collaborated across state lines to develop guidance and aggregate resources for, and examples of, effective digital learning implementation. SETDA is proud to have partnered with the Tier I GIDL sponsors, Copia<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=b7ee427c67&e=5e425640e4> and Curriculum Associates<http://setda.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=a7b9ea9d66&e=5e425640e4> that contributed related resources. "With the announcements of new state and federal investments in support of digital learning, including $1.5 billion annually in new E-rate support for school broadband, it is critical that leaders consider the full range of issues in implementing and scaling up new digital learning opportunities," said Douglas Levin, Executive Director of SETDA. "Our intent in releasing The Guide to Implementing Digital Learning is to help schools and districts assess, plan and execute digital learning opportunities more effectively."

GIDL includes six topic areas: planning, professional learning, content and software, broadband, devices and tech support. Each topic's section includes background information, key considerations for implementation, resources and exemplars of digital learning in action.

"As we strive to better prepare our students for college and career, it is imperative that we equip our educators with the instructional strategies and technology support necessary to ensure a smooth implementation of digital learning, with the goal of improved educational outcomes for all students," shared Rob Saxton, Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction, Oregon Department of Education.

About SETDA

Founded in 2001, the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) is the principal non-profit membership association representing U.S. state and territorial educational technology leaders. Our mission is to build and increase the capacity of state and national leaders to improve education through technology policy and practice. For more information, please visit: setda.org<http://setda.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1f18c643d052d9f509a7060f4&id=c962e20f87&e=5e425640e4>.