[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: The MSMR Student Competition (biology - life sciences) - Our 23rd Year

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Jan 8 17:40:26 EST 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: The MSMR Student Competition (biology - life sciences) - Our 23rd Year

[MSMR_60th_Seal_F2.jpg]Dear Educator:

Please let your students (and your colleagues) know about the MSMR Student Competition.

In this Competition, the student assumes the role of a citizen reporter explaining a recent biomedical research breakthrough to a peer group of teenage science students.

Students may use an Essay, a Poster or a Webpage to tell their story.

All New England students in grades 7 - 12 are eligible to enter: public, private, parochial and home-schooled. Students in grades 7 and 8 enter the Level 1 competition; students in grades 9 - 12 enter the Level 2 competition.

We award cash, book and certificate prizes to the winning students, as well as classroom grants to their teachers. The students, their parents and their teachers are invited to the MSMR Annual Meeting in June, where the awards presentations are made.

Complete information, as well as the crucial Student Packet and Entry Form can be found on the Competition page<http://msmr.org/2013Competition.html>.

It would be especially helpful if you could post this Competition to your state's science teacher or biology teacher website or newsletter.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to your students' submissions.

Regards,

Alan

Alan B. Dittrich, PhD
President
Mass. Society for Medical Research, Inc.
73 Princeton Street - Suite 311
N. Chelmsford, MA 01863
T: 978-251-1556
F: 978-251-7683
E: mailto:a.dittrich at msmr.org
http://www.MSMR.org<http://www.msmr.org/>
[cid:F7A8E8A7-0027-4765-98CE-DB0476357D21]