[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Digital Opportunity Educational Technology Symposium, August 21.
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Jul 14 13:36:30 EDT 2014
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Digital Opportunity Educational Technology Symposium, August 21.
The nonprofit Digital Opportunity Consortium, in collaboration with NHSTE, NHDOE,NHSLMA, NHASEA the NH Digital Resource Consortium, GovConnection and other partners, is holding our next free semi-annual NH Ed Tech Symposium on Thursday August 21st at St. Anselm College in Manchester.
We encourage all interested educators, teacher educators, and state association leaders to join us!
Registration is free and includes continental breakfast, lunch and very cool door prizes. The symposium's goals are to:
1. Explore tools for video recording classroom practice for self-reflection and performance assessment.
2. Learn about and share data management strategies and tools by which schools and educator preparation providers are supporting evidence-based decision making.
3. Explore the rich, growing array of resources to close the digital divide at home for New Hampshire's lowest income children and their families, including a new strategy to engage linguistically diverse youths in leading outreach efforts.
4. Share strategies for equipping educators with the "Habit of Mind" to understand why and how to use online research resources to improve their professional practice and student learning.
5. Learn about a NH college's pilot effort to provide candidates with standard tech tools whose costs are offset by utilizing high quality open textbooks and EBSCO e-books.
The agenda and registration link are available at http://nhedtech.eventzilla.net.
For more information, please contact Dr. Bob McLaughlin, NHDOE, at 271-2634 or Robert.mclaughlin at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Robert.mclaughlin at doe.nh.gov>.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews