[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Updating New Hampshire’s Broadband Services

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Mar 13 11:31:56 EDT 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Updating New Hampshire’s Broadband Services

As many of you may already know, the NH Broadband Mapping & Planning Program (NHBMPP) started to conduct an update to its community anchor institution broadband information data gathering this past January.  As such  the NHBMPP strongly encourages all schools, districts, and SAUs to add or update your device and infrastructure, both school and network) information in the Technology Readiness Tool<https://www.techreadiness.net/>, as well as complete the broadband speed tests using both the I Want Broadband NH<http://www.iwantbroadbandnh.org/speed_test> website and the NH School Speed Test<http://partners.schoolspeedtest.org/new-hampshire.html>.  The data collected from these sources will be used by the NHDMPP to support updating our broadband situation in NH.  Your cooperation will help promote and support the ConnectED and E-rate Program Update Initiatives in our state. Both the Governor and the Commissioner of Education support these initiatives and our participation in the Technology Readiness Tool and Device Speed Tests.

Schools, Districts, and SAUs upload information into the tool.
Technology Readiness Tool  https://www.techreadiness.net/
The tool requires a login, which was granted to all NH school principals and superintendents in March 2012.  Please contact the Office of Educational Technology<mailto:stanley.freeda at doe.nh.gov> if your school or district does not have access.

NH Device Speed Testing
I Want Broadband NH  http://www.iwantbroadbandnh.org/speed_test
NH School Speed Test  http://partners.schoolspeedtest.org/new-hampshire.html
Please take the test on multiple or all computers in your school, district, or SAU.  These tests are device based.

“The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer.” ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri