[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Participants needed for the 2014 NECAP Science Test Item Review/BIAS committees

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu May 8 10:09:22 EDT 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Participants needed for the 2014 NECAP Science Test Item Review/BIAS committee

Measured Progress will be hosting the Science content review meetings this summer at the Stoweflake Resort in Stowe, Vermont.

Bias & Sensitivity Review

Thursday August 7th from 8:30am-5:00pm. We will need 5 committee members from NH.  We are looking for K-12 New Hampshire educators who work with all students, including special populations.  Educators do not need to have a science teaching background but should have some knowledge of NH State science standards.

Science IRC
Thursday and Friday, August 7 & 8, 8:30am-5:00pm both days. We will need a total of 12 New Hampshire science teachers for the committee (4 elementary science teachers, 4 middle school science teachers, and 4 high school science teachers). We realize that elementary teachers teach all content areas, but we are looking for teachers with some knowledge of the NH state science standards.

Please spread the word!

If you are interested in serving on one of these committees please fill out the attached applications and send it, or fax it, to me. Thanks

Gail J. Taylor
NH Department of Education
Londergan Hall  Room 326
101 Pleasant Street