[NHDOE-ETNews] ET NEWs: Reminder to Update Broadband Information by September 12

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Sep 3 08:09:10 EDT 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Please Remember to Update your Broadband Information by September 12

This is a reminder for those District's whose broadband information has not been reviewed and updated since July 1st, 2014.  As the identified contact of a school based community anchor institution, we, the New Hampshire Broadband Mapping & Planning Program (NHBMPP), University of New Hampshire CSRC/GRANIT, sent these messages out asking you to review and update data about the broadband service in your schools and districts or verify that your information is correct in our statewide database of broadband Internet service.  While we recognize that this is a busy time for everyone, we encourage you to review the internet (broadband) information for your District's schools and update the information accordingly.

At this time, we seek your assistance in verifying and maintaining the statewide database.  To participate in this important effort, we would request that you login to the program's website to review and update/verify your institution's information. Please follow the steps below:

  1.  Request an account/password on the project website by going to http://www.iwantbroadbandnh.org/user/password and entering your email address.  You will receive a temporary password via email.
  2.  Login to the project website at http://iwantbroadbandnh.org/login.
  3.  Once logged in, you will see an 'Update Anchor Institutions" menu option on the right-hand menu.  Click on this option to bring you to a form that will allow you to review and edit details of your institution, and to submit any changes directly to the program.
  4.  Click the "edit" button to the right of each facility listing to review and edit details. Even if no information has changed, please click the checkbox (at the bottom of the page) to indicate that you have verified your institution's information.

We request that you review and confirm that the information is correct or submit the modifications via the iwantbroadbandnh.org<http://iwantbroadbandnh.org> website no later than Friday, September 12, 2014.

Please contact us with any questions you may have about this important initiative. If you'd like to see the results thus far, please visit the NHBMPP interactive map at http://broadbandnh.sr.unh.edu/NHBroadbandServiceViewer1.0/ or go to the project website at http://www.iwantbroadbandnh.org/.
If  you have any questions about the process or the information we are seeking to collect, please feel free to email Rachel Ruppel<mailto:rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com> with Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission at rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com<mailto:rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com> or (603) 448-1680<tel:%28603%29%20448-1680>. Rachel is managing and coordinating the data collection and maintenance effort for the NHBMPP.

We would like to thank you again for your valuable participation in the New Hampshire Broadband Mapping & Planning Program (NHBMPP).  This program is a multi-year, multi-agency effort to map areas in the state that are currently served by the state's broadband (high-speed internet) providers, as well as those areas that are unserved or underserved. As part of the comprehensive mapping effort, in 2010 the Regional Planning Commissions conducted a phone survey about broadband Internet service at each community institution or facility in New Hampshire. We are now in the fourth year of tracking improvements in Internet service to community anchor institutions.
Michael Blair, Project Coordinator