[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Tell your Story About Broadband in the Classroom

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Sep 10 15:25:03 EDT 2014

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Tell your Story About Broadband in the Classroom

We have an unprecedented opportunity to increase the amount of broadband funding for schools across the country. You know firsthand how important robust and reliable broadband is for learning and teaching. It's time to tell your story<http://cqrcengage.com/edtech/app/take-action?engagementId=35200&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxwYiaG_WjhBl5vBSR87wp6s5BgV1q071oIBE-l_JqoeOmyR1mtqgwqt2iwaB6IFyv0Bs6jrV-RELf7Ep0z5DjpQ&lp=0>, and ISTE has made it easy for you to do so by Sept. 23.

This past year<http://cqrcengage.com/edtech/app/thru?ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxYZOZyOeWcDYUOR39ngplEQ71NrXywH9SzInZZgsN2kClo-plbIO1Q6vLaRm7nOaX_XJKDlYP6TXbh7Pe4-KR0uYmSGc1qolZ-9Zrs0ghfr-Ya5CZHpqNNuGfhx816VUaShlZMqufEEzNCvdxUIJxAaX61Z_L8vsplhuGQIsZpGI&lp=0> ISTE members have successfully informed the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) about the importance of school broadband and in particular the E-Rate program that helps schools pay for this important priority. The FCC has heard our voices and is requesting public comments about the possibility of increasing funding for school broadband.

With real dollars on the line, we need you to weigh in one more time by Sept. 23. ISTE's story template<http://cqrcengage.com/edtech/app/take-action?engagementId=35200&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxZrDTgVkRhkdhCdABpbFPqLCUolsB9bb2zzvSQkNAiw6qYi-d_7rwIz8I5xzXzFLU9LSatDEks0bJIb1KQ0sHLQ&lp=0> will guide you through the key items to share with the FCC about how broadband connectivity is facilitating learning and teaching in your classroom, school or district, and the connectivity challenges you face. After you submit your story, ISTE will share it with the FCC in the official record.

Please take just a few minutes to make your voice heard by Sept. 23, and share this alert with your colleagues, parents and students.

You make a difference for students every day, tell the stories of your students!

Another way to help:

Review and confirm that the information is correct or submit the modifications via the iwantbroadbandnh.org<http://iwantbroadbandnh.org> website no later than Friday, September 12, 2014.
If  you have any questions about the process or the information we are seeking to collect, please feel free to email Rachel Ruppel<mailto:rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com> with Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission at rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com<mailto:rachel.uvlsrpc at gmail.com> or (603) 448-1680<tel:%28603%29%20448-1680>. Rachel is managing and coordinating the data collection and maintenance effort for the NHBMPP.