[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Proposed I-TECH Amendment to Update ESEA Reauthorization

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Apr 15 09:38:09 EDT 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Proposed I-TECH Amandment to Update ESEA Reauthorization

You may have heard, but it is good news that Senators Orin Hatch (R-UT) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) have drafted an amendment which is a revised version of the Enhancing Education through Technology program for the next Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The new version of EETT is currently titled Innovative Technology Expands Technology Expands Children's Horizons (I-TECH) and includes ed tech grants for states that will be distributed competitively to the LEAs.
Ed Tech groups and organizations across the land encourage you to reach out to your Senators<http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm> and urge them to connect with the HELP Committee<http://www.help.senate.gov> members to encourage them to include a dedicated educational technology program in any ESEA reauthorization.