[NHDOE-ETNews] ET News: Ask to Include Librarians in the NEA Quality Dashboard Proposal

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Apr 29 10:01:15 EDT 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Ask to Include Librarians in the NEA Quality Dashboard Proposal

Yesterday at the Network for Public Education conference, Lily Eskelsen Garcia, president of National Education Association, spoke about the "Opportunity Dashboard" that NEA is promoting as critical to the reauthorization of ESEA. Notably absent on this dashboard are school libraries and school librarians. The NH School Library Media Association seeks to draw the union's attention to this! Please join with NHSLMA and the Office of Educational Technology in contacting through email, twitter - any way you can - the NEA to let them know that opportunities for our students start with the school library and we need to have a certified school librarian in every school.  Below is a link to the dashboard:  https://www.nea.org/assets/docs/NEA-Opportunity-Dashboard.pdf
Whether you are a member of NEA or not, this message is important to all educators.  Please support NHSLMA in this endeavor.