[NHDOE-ETNews] CoSN Announces Third Annual Infrastructure Survey

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Aug 25 17:52:52 EDT 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  CoSN Announces Third Annual Infrastructure Survey

CoSN is pleased to announce our third annual Infrastructure Survey, designed to gather data from school districts across the country on E-rate, Broadband, and Internal Network Infrastructure. After discovering last year<http://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=4ba00ffe-6a4e-4947-82bd-d50fbc56d0c6&id=0fdb6343-654b-e511-b895-0050568c582d&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cosn.org%2fitsurvey> that 84% of responding districts indicated their needs are not being met by the E-rate program, we worked to spread the word to Congress and the Federal Communications Committee (FCC) which helped to inform the FCC's Modernization Order. Your voice is still important in the continued process of reforming the E-rate and other programs to improve schools' network infrastructure for digital learning. We need to hear from you, the experts-what are your future bandwidth needs? How is the E-rate working for you?

This year we are again collaborating with AASA, The School Superintendents Association, and partnering with education researchers at MDR to deliver the survey. Our goal is to provide crucial information to the FCC, the Department of Education, Congress, and others on the current state of ed tech and E-rate reform. This year, we are providing valuable information on home access to broadband as the FCC is reforming its Lifeline Program. Your input is more important than ever.
Take the Infrastructure survey today<http://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=b4756ce0-3525-4a6a-99ee-8c832346ee4c&id=0fdb6343-654b-e511-b895-0050568c582d&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.surveymonkey.com%2fs%2f7WDWC3L>. In about 15 minutes, you can directly impact what we tell the FCC! If a colleague is better suited to respond, please pass this message along (one response per district, please!). Should you have any questions or difficulties, please contact K12Infrastructure at gmail.com<mailto:K12Infrastructure at gmail.com>.

I am particularly grateful to you, your leadership, and your participation. Please take the survey<http://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=e00f3b52-56c0-42f2-8d1a-462b1a2f329e&id=0fdb6343-654b-e511-b895-0050568c582d&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.surveymonkey.com%2fs%2f7WDWC3L> today.

Thank you in advance for your time!
Keith Krueger
CoSN CEO

P.S. If you would like a copy of the results, simply fill out your contact information at the end of the survey. Your answers will be anonymous and only aggregate data will be released.