[NHDOE-ETNews] FW: k-12 Status check

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:24:55 EST 2015

Hi folks,

As the holidays approach, wouldn't it be wonderful to get a statewide broadband network as a holiday present?  :)  The NH School Connectivity Initiative is working hard on your behalf.  It could happen, but not without you!  This is important folks! Please make this an immediate priority.

Basic information for the TL;DR (Too long, didn't read.) folks:

I am personally reaching out to you in an effort to get your SAU/District's participation in an important inventory project that the state is engaged in.  Our state is involved in collecting an inventory of data, so that it can be used to support the need for a statewide broadband network initiative.  At this time we have had very few submissions from our SAU/Districts, and the deadline has passed.  Please complete and return the attached form and send the data to Michael Blair at michael.blair at unh.edu<mailto:michael.blair at unh.edu>.

As this project is beyond its original deadline, I would implore you to have this completed no later than December 9th so that the data can be compiled and presented prior to the holidays.  Thank you for your attention to important project for the State.

More information for those who want some details:

NH School Connectivity Initiative (NHSCI):  Governor's Office; University of New Hampshire ; Department of Information Technology; Department of Resources and Economic Development; Department of Education

EducationSuperHighway State of the States Report:  http://stateofthestates.educationsuperhighway.org/
NH Report from EducationSuperhighway:  http://cdn.educationsuperhighway.org/assets/sos/state_snapshots/NH-06038d0f03e70ec00c302e328b03f68e.pdf

Michael Blair's original email is below:
I am following up on an email that you have recently received from the Department of Education's (DOE) IT Director, Stan Freeda, to inform you of the New Hampshire School Connectivity Initiative (NHSCI).  This initiative is a continuation of the work that the NH Broadband Mapping & Planning Program (NHBMPP) was involved in over the past 5 years.  Using the data collected during that program, we are focusing the broadband connectivity inventory update to K-12 schools and using those data have identified that you are the correct contact to complete this inventory.  If that is not the case, could you please forward the form to the appropriate individual(s) within your District?

Using the attached, I would request that you complete the form for each of the schools within your district.  These data will then be compiled and reviewed against the historic information collected via the NHBMPP.

I would ask that you complete the inventory by November 3rd, at the latest, as the Governor's office, DOE, UNH and the Department of Resources and Economic Development (DRED) are planning to review these data at the end of the month.

Lastly, if you have any questions, problems or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me either via email or cell phone at 603-852-8139.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Blair, Project Coordinator
New Hampshire Broadband Mapping & Planning Program (NHBMPP)
University of New Hampshire
CSRC/GRANIT
8 College Road, Morse Hall, Room 252
Durham, NH 03824
(603) 862-2589
(603) 862-0188 (fax)
(603) 852-8139 (cell)
michael.blair at unh.edu<mailto:michael.blair at unh.edu>
http://www.broadbandnh.org
http://www.iwantbroadbandnh.org

Season's Greetings,

[http://www.walltowallstencils.com/d/ds2565.gif]
101 Pleasant Street   Concord, NH   03301
603.271.5132       Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us>
www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm>    www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/>      www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
follow the ET News blog  www.nheon.org/etnews<http://www.nheon.org/etnews>

"I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending." ~ Fred Rogers