[NHDOE-ETNews] SpeakUp America Week: Final Countdown to the SpeakUp Finale on December 18th

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:41:56 EST 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  SpeakUp America Week: Final Countdown to the SpeakUp Finale on December 18th

This year's survey have been a great success with over 300,000 surveys already submitted, nationally. New Hampshire needs to do better!  To celebrate this week SpeakUp will be launching their annual Speak Up America week campaign<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakupamerica.html>. Last year 521,694 students, parents, educators, and community members participated in Speak Up, with over 85,000 of those surveys taken during Speak Up America week alone! Now in its third year, Speak Up America plans to celebrate past and present participants with opportunities to win classroom grants, free national and regional conference registrations, and more. In order to do that we need your support, here's how:

National Speak Up Day on Wednesday 12/9/15 and the special Speak Up promotions and activities that are available during the week to encourage your K-12 community to get involved.  To give you an idea of our New Hampshire progress compared to other states, I have also attached a comparison chart of student participation 2014 vs 2015 for all states-this year's top 5 student participant states so far are IN, AL, MD, ND, DE.  This percentage is based off of total student enrollment. Below that chart is a state comparison based on total counts- currently, IN, TX, AL, CA, MD (This time last year it was IN, CA, TX, NC, VA-interesting!) are in the lead with total survey counts! Below is an update on our progress in New Hampshire.

2015 vs 2014/2013 Chart: includes state survey counts as of 12/3/15 with a comparison to previous 2 years' numbers at the same time.
[cid:image002.png at 01D12DC6.5A679F50]

Important Speak Up Information and Updates:

  *   Promotional Materials<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speak_up_PartnerTools.html> - includes additional outreach ideas and materials. To help with outreach this month, I've also attached some sample outreach emails. Please feel free to modify and repurpose as needed.
  *   Speak Up America campaign<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakupamerica.html> will take place Dec. 7th-Dec. 11th. Will include national Speak Up day, social media related contests, chances to win conference registrations, access to preliminary data reports and release of preliminary data via infographics.
  *   Speak Up Participant Map<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/participationmap.html>: updated weekly- see how your state compares.
  *   Speak Up in Action<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speakup_in_action.html>:  Page with quotes from schools, districts, states and associations providing value statements on the project via quotes.
  *   2015 vs 2014 participation charts<http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/speak_up_State_Participation.html>: Updated weekly (Mondays)
  *   NEW! Preliminary state data reports available upon request.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time, I am here to help!

Jenny Hostert
Speak Up Operations Manager|949-609-4660 Ext. 17| jhostert at tomorrow.org<mailto:jhostert at tomorrow.org>
Project Tomorrow| 15707 Rockfield Blvd. Suite 250| Irvine, CA 92618