[NHDOE-ETNews] New Hampshire Future Ready Schools and Leaders
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Dec 21 11:51:36 EST 2015
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: New Hampshire Future Ready Schools and Leaders
Last week was an historic week for U.S. education! In addition to the signing of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Office of Educational Technology released the 2016 National Education Technology Plan (NETP) and announced new Future Ready commitments to support personalized professional learning for district leaders and educators working to transform teaching and learning through the effective use of technology.
Here are some valuable new resources for our Future Ready Schools and Leaders.
* The 2016 National Education Technology Plan<http://tech.ed.gov/netp> is the flagship educational technology policy document for the United States. The 2016 National Education Technology Plan, Future Ready Learning: Reimagining the Role of Technology in Education, articulates a vision of equity, active use, and collaborative leadership to make everywhere, all-the-time learning possible.
* Professional Learning Resources for Future Ready Leaders<http://tech.ed.gov/leaders> is designed to expand the capacity of district superintendents and their district leadership teams to effectively lead the transition to digital learning. Resources include a rubric based on a systematic review of research<http://tech.ed.gov/leaders/research/> and personalized video playlists for district leaders that highlight exemplary, peer-based stories and practices drawn from eight Future Ready districts. View the full playlist of videos here<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhdwy3ASoEfku27IJ2HAKTJh-ACanSPsg>.
* The Alliance for Excellent Education has launched a new Future Ready website<http://www.futureready.org/> which will feature a one-stop resource center for ongoing professional learning opportunities including partner events, workshops, online chats, mentoring and topic conversations all aligned to the Future Ready Framework.
* 17 Future Ready Statewide Initiatives<http://www.futurereadyschools.org/domain/35> launched across the country designed to capture and harness the momentum of the national effort. Each state will create statewide communication strategies to support districts in using free Future Ready tools.
* Future Ready Schools New Hampshire<http://nheon.org/futureready/index.html> page launched on NHEON.org. Find updates and resources for Future Ready Schools and leaders. It is not too late to take the pledge and start taking steps to create your own Future Ready School.
Check out our press release<https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/us-department-education-releases-2016-national-education-technology-plan> for the full list of announcements.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like us on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews