[NHDOE-ETNews] Consulting Opportunities to Support Schools

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Mon Jul 13 12:09:04 EDT 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Consulting Opportunities to Support Schools

The New Hampshire Department of Education is seeking experienced educators who are looking for a consulting opportunity to help schools use data to inform instruction and to implement a school evaluation system.  We are not looking to take existing staff from schools, but if you have educators not currently working in your schools or perhaps retirees looking to stay involved with K-12 education, please forward this email.  The consultants will provide support to schools throughout NH, hold regional trainings and create support materials.

As you should be aware the Department provides support to schools helping use data to improve instruction.  As part of our federal SLDS grant (state longitudinal data systems), we provide the PerformancePLUS system, the Educator Evaluation System, as well as trainers and support for schools - all at no cost to schools.
We have just released an RFP (request for proposal) to fund consultants who can provide support to schools.  Ideally these consultants are experienced school educators and have knowledge of PerformancePLUS (P+) or the Educator Evaluation System (EES).  But P+ and EES knowledge is not mandatory.

There are five different roles described in the RFP.  In particular, we suspect your educators might have experience in priorities 2-5 below.  Interested individuals can apply for any one of the priorities.
Priority 1 - Data Quality Analyst : must her familiar with data base systems and will focus on data quality.
Priority 2 - Researcher : must have statistical experience and be interested in analyzing data and conducting research.
Priority 3 - Data Coach : must have (or will develop) P+ experience and provide training and support for schools.
Priority 4 - Data Coach Coordinator : an administrative position to help track training needs, coordinate the schedules of the trainers and ensure support materials are organized for easy access by schools.
Priority 5 - Educator Evaluation System School Support and Training : Learn the new EES system and provide training and support for schools.

Here is a link to the RFP: Statewide Longitudinal Data System Initiative Opportunities<http://education.nh.gov/rfp/documents/slds.pdf>
Applications are due by 4:30pm July 24th as specified in the RFP.

If you have any questions, please contact Irene.Koffink at doe.nh.gov<mailto:Irene.Koffink at doe.nh.gov>.