[NHDOE-ETNews] Remember to Support Your Libraries and Librarians

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Nov 10 10:49:11 EST 2015

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  Remember to Support Your Libraries and Librarians

With the back drop of big education groups such as the American Federation of Teachers, the National Education Association, the American Association of School Administrators, the Association of School Business Officials International, the National Association of Elementary School Principals, the National Association of Secondary School Principals, the National School Boards Association, the National Association of State Boards of Education, the National PTA, and the Council of Chief State School Officers calling on Congress to finish reauthorization of ESEA, we must also remind Congress to keep school libraries in the ESEA re-authorization!

Education groups consisting of teachers, school administrators, principals and state officials took to Facebook, Twitter, Politico, and other media through a weeklong digital ad campaign that ran the week of November 2nd.  Their message was clear "Please pass a final bill that focuses on opportunity for all students, no matter their ZIP code. Great progress has already been made on this legislation. We can't let it slip away. Our students cannot wait any longer for a revised law."

Contact your Senators and Representatives and let them know that any agreement to reauthorize ESEA must maintain the school library provisions overwhelmingly adopted by the HELP Committee and the full Senate under S. 1177, the Every Child Achieves Act.

FIGHT for SCHOOL Libraries! Go to http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/make-a-call?2&engagementId=126198 to contact your Senators and Representatives.