[NHDOE-ETNews] Fisrt Draft of ISTE Standards for Teachers Released for Comment
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Dec 6 15:52:33 EST 2016
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Fisrt Draft of ISTE Standards for Teachers Released for Comment
Your Chance to Influence the Future of Education
The first draft of the 2017 ISTE Standards for Teachers is here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_TFI8wIure6SYy3LiiLPgUSa-2B2w6jB2gFXdAHkpVc/edit>.
Access the toolkit to check it out and help shape the future of education by getting involved today. Here's how:
1. Get our refresh toolkit<http://www.iste.org/teacherrefreshtools> to facilitate a meeting with colleagues, at a conference, even in a Twitter chat.
2. Share your feedback by taking a 15-minute survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TRefresh2A>.
3. Share the link<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TRefresh2A> to the individual survey with your networks.
About the teacher standards refresh
The ISTE Standards provide a framework for learning, teaching and leading that is amplified by technology. These digital age standards are not "technology standards," but a road map for educators worldwide as they navigate decisions about curriculum, instruction, professional learning and how to transform pedagogy with technology.
ISTE refreshes the individual standards in the suite every seven to ten years to ensure they remain relevant and continue to prepare students for the future while also allowing schools, districts and states to have time to adopt, implement and show an impact on learning.
* June 2016 - ISTE releases refreshed student standards and kicks off the refresh of the ISTE Standards for Teachers.
* June - November 2016 - Open feedback period. What should the new teacher standards include? Learn how to participate.
* November 2016 - January 2017 - Release first draft of the refreshed teacher standards and gather feedback.
* January - February 2017 - If needed, release second draft and gather feedback.
* Feb. 28, 2017 - End of open feedback period.
* June 2017 - Release of the 2017 ISTE Standards for Teachers.
* June 2017 - Kick off the refresh process for the ISTE Standards for Administrators at ISTE 2017 in San Antonio.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews