[NHDOE-ETNews] Digital Learning Day ic Coming on February 17th, 2016. Don't Miss it!
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Tue Feb 2 11:45:59 EST 2016
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Digital Learning Day ic Coming on February 17th, 2016. Don't Miss it!
The Office of Educational Technology is helping to spread the word about Digital Learning Day (#DLDay) on February 17th, 2016, and we would like you to join in!
It's a day thousands of schools and local communities across the country recognize great teaching practices and showcase innovative teachers, leaders, and instructional technology programs that are improving student outcomes with the help of digital tools.
As a grassroots effort, Digital Learning Day encourages students, teachers, leaders, and communities to be part of transforming our education system. That means thinking differently about how technology can be used to support more engaged, deeper learning opportunities for all students. Get involved by adding an event or activity to the official Digital Learning Day map or joining the online conversation using #DLDay.
Here are three easy messages you can use on your social media, particularly Twitter, to show your support:
* Save the Date: Digital Learning Day's 5th anniversary is Feb. 17th! Spread the word: http://www.digitallearningday.org. #DLDay cc. @OfficialDLDay
* #DLDay is about enhancing the role of the teacher in America's classrooms. Join the movement by hosting an event! http://bit.ly/1Opuv9c
* Teachers are pairing tech w/ great instruction to help transform America's classrooms. Join them on 2/17! http://bit.ly/1Opuv9c #DLDay
Year after year, partners have played a crucial role in spreading the word about effective education innovation and reimaging learning in America's classrooms through Digital Learning Day. We're excited to work with you to spread the word about this year's celebration of #DLDay on February 17th.
You can get involved by:
- Following and engaging with Digital Learning Day on Twitter<https://twitter.com/officialdlday> (@OfficialDLDay) and on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay>.
- Using the hashtag #DLDay<https://twitter.com/hashtag/dlday> in your social posts.
- Posting the provided social media posts and sharing the email blurb within a week of receiving.
- Hosting your own Twitter chat, writing your own blog, or otherwise activating your community around digital learning and #DLDay.
- Sharing how YOU will celebrate Digital Learning Day on February 17th.
- Engaging in online conversations about what digital equity looks like in 2016 and beyond (more to come on this opportunity).
For more information please visit DigitalLearningDay.org<http://www.digitallearningday.org/>. We're excited to celebrate with you on February 17th.
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews