[NHDOE-ETNews] Information and Resources from CompetencyWorks
Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu May 26 09:10:17 EDT 2016
Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM: Information and Resources from CompetencyWorks
Educators in competency-based schools have raised an important issue - how to cover grade-level standards while meeting kids where they are in their learning, particularly when a student's performance is well below grade level. Chris Sturgis shares take-aways on this topic of meeting students where they are and addressing grade-level standards in a two-part blog series: Accountability Paradox<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb2d80edd2f90824278adcf1a380cc2d3e170c2dc9035055f22> and Academic Domains<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb27c0dec2646096ef4202591066fb3a0d3021bff32cf8dbc8c>. Do you know about a school that has developed strategies for meeting kids where they are? Does your district or school have effective practices to help kids build pre-requisite skills and grade-level standards? If so, please let us know<mailto:chris at metisnet.net>.
CompetencyWorks incorporates a multitude of guest authors sharing lessons learned and a variety of perspectives. Here are must-read blogs by some of our guest authors:
1. Building a Movement from Within<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb25e0486300105c1ec5c8561f02210c393088a0de37807266c> by Patrice Glancey
2. Learner-Centered Tip of the Week: Refurbishing for Personalized Learning<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb2039f50a4b6a5847398725a3efdd6080a212f135cdc472ecb> by Courtney Belolan
3. How I Learned What Proficiency-Based Teaching and Learning Really Means<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb22616b8bb2b3352dc4533063f79591ef9875265e20b0dd45a> by Kate Gardoqui
4. How Might We Ensure Quality and Value Across a Larger Landscape of Learning?<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb2a791ce77d71c4568849c624df671f4d505c452aa8689c92e> by Colleen Broderick
5. The Personalized Learning Mindset<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb29adb932f8b0570023a27e9fd717d4cbfe90df7df50f2df95> by Anthony Kim
6. An Opportunity in ESSA for Performance Assessment Literacy and Teacher Leadership<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb2abd4cbbde1d3835346e9ed28f0ce25b6257c30192203d342> by Laurie Gagnon
7. Communicating with Parents on the Transition to Competency Education<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb23e8922f12fd7232fbb34eb20bf8e9fbccdf88ecac26e5e34> by Brian Stack
8. Classroom Instruction of Skills and Dispositions<http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=086d15c6c0da9bb2254801ac9c8d0caffbd3aa45ded9781c88fe961f29611594> by Jonathan Vander Els, Jill Lizier and Terry Bolduc
We value blogs grounded in educator, practitioner and leader experiences in personalized, competency-based districts, schools and programs. Are you interested in becoming a guest blogger on CompetencyWorks? Share your voice and thought leadership by emailing Chris Sturgis at chris at metisnet.net<mailto:chris at metisnet.net>.
Susan Patrick, iNACOL
Natalie Abel, iNACOL
Get even more ET News on the ET News blog<http://nhoetnews.wordpress.com/>.
Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!
ET News is a service of the Office of Educational Technology
NH Department of Education 101 Pleasant Street Concord, NH 03301
For more information, contact
603.271.5132 Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov<mailto:sfreeda at ed.state.nh.us> www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/<http://www.education.nh.gov/instruction/ed_tech/index.htm> www.opennh.org<http://www.opennh.org/> www.nheon.org<http://www.nheon.org/>
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~ Anthony Chivetta, high school student in Missouri
The contents of this message are confidential. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NHDOE-ETNews