[NHDOE-ETNews] ISTE Report: Redefining learning in a technoloyg-driven world. A case to adopt the ISTE Standards for Students

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Wed Oct 5 13:49:01 EDT 2016

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  ISTE Report: Redefining learning in a technoloyg-driven world. A case to adopt the ISTE Standards for Students

As many of you know, the ISTE Standards for Students have been refreshed and the 2016 Standards are not available.   ISTE will be moving on to refresh the Teacher standards soon.  I will be attending the State Educational Technology Directors Association Leadership Summit this October.   ISTE representatives will be there and we'll discuss both teacher refresh and student adoption efforts.

I did want to share the ISTE report:  "Redefining learning in a technology-driven world. A report to support adoption of the ISTE Standards for Students.<http://www.iste.org/docs/Standards-Resources/iste-standards_students-2016_research-validity-report_final.pdf?sfvrsn=0.0680021527232122>"  The report includes:

*         Workforce readiness: The case for the 2016 ISTE Standards for Students<http://www.iste.org/standards/standards/for-students-2016>

*         The refresh methodology

*         Research basis for the 2016 standards

*         Connections to national initiatives like the NETP, Common Core, CS for All, etc.

*         Crosswalk between 2007 and 2016 standards

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!