[NHDOE-ETNews] The New Hampshire Department of Education would like your input on NH's ESSA Accountability Plan

Freeda, Stanley Stanley.Freeda at doe.nh.gov
Thu Oct 6 12:03:28 EDT 2016

Today on the ETNews Listserv
ITEM:  The New Hampshire Department of Education would like your input on NH's ESSA Accountability Plan

As many of you might know, the new Every Student Succeeds Act requires every state develop a state accountability plan that will outline our state strategies for implementation of the key requirements of the law.  The Department of Education is seeking input on the development of our state plan.  Please go to (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YT6BFML) to participate in a survey that is intended to gather input from New Hampshire citizens about what they value in their education system. This is the first of two surveys that will be presented to the public and will align with a regional listening tour this fall (locations and dates to be announced). The information collected will be considered as the NH Department of Education develops its state consolidated plan required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Another survey will be posted this winter as we ask for feedback on the draft state plan.

The survey will be open until October 31, 2016. All responses will be available to the public. Thank you for your participation!

ESSA Advisory Teams<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm>
The ESSA requires a state accountability plan, which will outline the state's strategies for implementing key requirements of the new law, including accountability and school improvement. The New Hampshire Department of Education will be seeking broad collaboration in formulating this state plan. The following initial advisory teams will be critical in formulating this plan. The Department will add advisory teams on topics if and as needed.

*         Accountability Task Force<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#accountability>

*         Comprehensive School Support and Improvement Advisory Team<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#school>

*         Educator Equity and Support Advisory Team<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#educator>

*         English Learner Advisory Team<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#english>

*         Funding Streams Advisory Team<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#funding>

*         Early Childhood Advisory Team<http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/advisory-teams.htm#childhood>

For more information, visit the ESSA page on the NHDOE website at http://www.education.nh.gov/essa/index.htm.

Take the Survey and Share your Thoughts!<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YT6BFML>

Find and Like the NH Office of Educational Technology on Facebook!